Sunday, October 27, 2013

My bedroom

The second part of my home tour is my bedroom.  My bedroom is not finished yet but like I stated in the last home tour post, I would rather update my blog when I make changes instead of waiting forever for my bedroom to be finished.

This first picture is taken from the doorway into my room.  You can see my bed that I refinished myself (I will post about that one day).  I have never in my life loved my bedroom the way that I do now.  Every time I walk into my room, I feel so complete.  I love the way my room has turned out and it is perfectly me! 



The duvet cover on my bed is from IKEA.  I bought it for $29 on sale and two weeks later I saw it on sale there for $19.  This is my favorite duvet by far and the cheapest one I have ever bought!

The flowers above my bed are from Target.  They came in a box with maybe twenty or so and in three different sizes.  The crown was bought at Kirkland.  My mamma gave it to me for my birthday :) The nightstands are two separate ones, one has been painted white but the other one is still the original color.  I am going to refinish that one....one day.  I need to take a picture of the lamp that is on in this picture, it is so cute and is different than the one that is not turned on. The open door on the right hand side of the picture is my master bathroom.


The curtains were bought at Family Dollar for $5 a panel but the mistake I made was only buying two of them....I need two more because the window is too big.  I would also like to repaint the curtain rod a white color....I am not a fan of black...dunno if you noticed that lol

The two shelves that are higher up, were bought at AC Moor many years ago and were a brownish stain and the lower, smaller shelf was bought at some thrift store years ago as well and was brown.  I decided to sand them down and refinish them and give them lots of charm by distressing them.  The three crocheted jars on the middle shelf are made by my sister, she has her very own blog that you can check out here


The chair in the corner by the window is one of my favorite pieces in my room.  My aunt Sharla gave it to me when I moved back to the states in 2011 and I love it!!  The chair is older than me by far (I don't remember exactly how old it is) and it is hand painted.  The details are beautiful and I will never refinish this chair because never in a million years could I make it look better than this!!!


Here is a close up of some of the details on the chair.  Does this make your heart flutter the way it does mine?  


Another close up of the chair showing you just how beautiful it is :)


This heart is on the wall above my dresser....I didn't take any pictures of my dresser because I haven't set up that area yet.  I will update pictures when I finish the area where my dresser is. 


I will end this post by putting another picture of my bedroom with me standing at the doorway.  My piece of heaven, my retreat from the world, my place to dream.....my bedroom!


What do you think about my room?  What was your favorite part?




3 comments:

Edda Soffía said...

Svefnherbergið kom æðislega út, eins og alltaf hjá þér, svo fallegt.
Love mamma

Handmade and off-centered said...

Wow how do I pick my favorite. I LOVE YOUR BEDROOM. I just want to snuggle up on your bed and fall fast asleep :) Its very romantic, sweet and dreamy. Everything a bedroom should be. Great job!

Handmade and off-centered said...

I love this blog of yours and I am formally giving you a kick in the bloggers butt to post a little more of your lovely doings (I can say that being your sister and all).

On that note I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award. Check out my latest post for more details http://handmadeandoffcentered.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-liebster-award.html

Birgitta xx